Faculty of Law
Dr. Osama Sal’ous, the Dean of the Faculty
According to the faculty’s mission in developing the quality of education within the local and international standards, the faculty looks forward to presenting everything new and developing in the fields of law, criminology, and police sciences through special comprehensive academic programs in various scientific majors. The faculty works on winning the confidence of the Palestinian community at the various institutions and its specialized graduates in law, criminology and police sciences. The faculty also tries to prepare professional and specialized generation in law, criminology and police sciences in a line with the latest scientific and educational principles and through academic programs within the theoretical, technical, and scientific standards. This guarantees providing the jurisdiction, the State’s departments and justice apparatus with graduates armed by principles of rights, equality and justice that have been focused on during the courses related to law, criminology, and police sciences.
The faculty presents legal, criminology, and police knowledge through academic programs according to technical and scientific standards that participate in developing the ability of thinking, creativity and research, the best use of technology as well as training. Moreover, it seeks progress in scientific research in the fields of law, police sciences as well as deep research in criminology.
The faculty aims to hold forums about the main cases in the fields of law, police sciences and criminology. In addition to the regional and local conferences in these fields, as well as interact with the civilian and official Palestinian community.
- Ensure the quality of the faculty’s outcome by providing the cadets with knowledge in law, criminology and police sciences.
- Reinforce and develop the faculty programs side by side with the local and international development.
- Manage an effective and attractive website that facilitates teaching, research and interaction between the learner and the teacher.
- Improve communication between the faculty of law and the society.
- Reinforce the effectiveness and quality of scientific and legal research.
- Reach a respectful and important position in the international and local communities.
- Prepare graduates to participate in building their homeland by making the law serving the community and offer possibilities and the suitable skills to provide the State’s departments with staffs within the frame of interaction between the academic experience and the practical side.
- Form a proper methodological thinking of the cadets to prepare a perfect law, and ground the national and Islamic values which qualifies the cadets to be effective in the society.
- The Faculty aims to open a graduate faculty in the future in coordination with the Faculty of Law at Al-Quds University.
- Open a program of high studies in criminology, human rights, and international human law.
- Establish a consultative legal office.
- Establish a center for legal, criminal and political studies.
- Hold conferences, forums and training courses.
- The faculty aims to make a qualitative and quantitive developments in scientific, educational, cultural movement as well as the scientific research in the various aspects of knowledge, and provide the society with professional staffs to implement the pals of scientific and technical progress and development.
- The faculty works on a program of specialized professional diploma in anti forgery and falsities.
Dr. Osama Sal’ous
Department of Criminology and Law
The chairman: Dr. Issam Al-Atrash
This department was opened in the academic year 2014/2015. Al-Istiqlal University is the first Palestinian and Arab university granting a bachelor degree in criminology and law. This major is very effective in meeting the needs and requirements of security sectors, the Palestinian police institution, for example. The program focuses on preparing specialists in criminology and counter crimes. It aims to provide the governmental sector, security sector in particular, with staffs capable to link the theoretical side with the practical one and stick to theories and required knowledge to understand the crime, security threats, especially the latest developments and employ these developments scientifically in the field of counter crimes in particular.